Apply to join the Executive Board of Harvard Effective Altruism!
Harvard Effective Altruism has experienced an amazing period of growth recently: In the last two years, the interest in our organization skyrocketed. We have worked with luminaries such as Peter Singer, Steven Pinker, Josh Greene, George Church, Paul Farmer, Max Tegmark, Skype co-founder Jaan Tallinn, economists Daron Acemoglu, Eva Vivalt and Michael Kremer and many, many others.
As our organization and the whole movement is growing, we are looking for skilled leaders to help us scale up and help us run our core operations.
As an executive board member, you will:
- have a chance to interact with global experts and opinion leaders in person
- connect to an amazing network of the Effective Altruism movement, which includes entrepreneurs, researchers, earners-to-give and the most impressive people from just about any background
- get experienced mentors that will help you improve your skills related to your position
We are looking for talented, committed people who are motivated to use their skills to improve the world. We welcome applications for the following positions:
- Public Events Chair: Responsible for making sure public events go smoothly, directly communicating with visiting speakers, and helping us pull off a fantastic EA Global conference next semester. Looking for highly-organized problem-solvers.
- Publicity Chair: Responsible for spreading our ideas and events as far as possible on campus! Looking for avid social media and campus surfers.
- Video & Photo Chair: Responsible for documenting our public events, and publishing them online. Having online videos and podcasts of our lectures, dinners, and workshops greatly maximizes how much knowledge we make known to the world.
- Webmaster: Responsible for running our website, blog, and online presence.
- Social Chair: Responsible for organizing really sweet socials, intellectual dinners, and executive board retreats.
- Data Analytics Chair: Responsible for tracking our impact through surveys and experiments
- Treasurer: Responsible for budget and financial operations
- Fundraising Chair: Help us get resources necessary for scaling up and ultimately make Harvard an effective altruist hub
- Do you have special skills? Let us know!
If you're interested, please email us at email@example.com.